We research. We explore. We unearth.
Garden Media researches global consumer trends to see what’s happening from home design to fashion. We talk with our trusted media sources and garden experts worldwide. Then we read the tea leaves, peer into our crystal ball, and share what we see up and coming in gardening, landscape design and green living, so you can be in the know.
In our first report in 2001, we predicted outdoor living would be a huge trend. We predicted container gardening in 2003 and the rise of vegetable gardening as early as 2004. We spotted a renewed interest in natives in 2007, the ‘buy local’ movement in 2008, and vertical gardening in 2009.
Why should you care about lawn and garden trends? It’s simple!
- Be the first to fill these emerging consumer demands.
- Elect or create bestselling new products, enhance customer experiences and improve services well in advance of the competition.
- Attract customers who are “living the trends” by speaking their language in your marketing, advertising and public relations campaigns.
Trends drive consumers and consumers drive sales. When you’re ahead of the curve, your company becomes a trendsetter.
Garden Media Group's Garden Trends Report, now in its 23rd year, is a comprehensive analysis of emerging trends and shifts in the gardening world. It is based on extensive research and input from industry experts and has been featured in reputable outlets such as The New York Times, Better Homes and Gardens, and Old Farmer's Almanac, among others. The report provides valuable insights into the changing preferences of gardeners and consumers, as well as the latest advancements and innovations in the industry. With an annual readership of over ten thousand people, it has become an essential resource for businesses in the green industry, helping them stay up-to-date with the latest trends and consumer behaviors, and develop effective strategies to meet the evolving needs of their customers.
- 2024 - Eco-Optimism
- 2024 - Eco-Optimism (CA Version)
- 2023 - I Believe In Me
- 2022 - From Crisis to Innovation
- 2021 - The Great Reset
- 2020 - Seeing 20/20
- 2019 - Rooted Together
- 2018 - Nature's RX for Mental Wellness
- 2017 - Grow 365
- 2016 - Syncing with Nature
- 2015 - Unearthing the Best Life
- 2012 - The Power of Plants
- 2011 - Gardening with a Purpose
- 2010 - Mainstreet America is Back!
- 2009 - Gardening goes "Back to the Future" - GIY Style
- 2008 - Gardening for the Greener Good
- 2007 - Outdoor Living Takes a New Twist
- 2006 - Outdoor Living Driving Garden Trends
- 2005 - Gardening Trends Report